For this exercise, think about your lines of business. Is it a simple one-liner? For example, “We sell ____.” Or are there many lines of business that you offer, like us! Pick one line of business or answer the questions for all – the choice is yours. Set a timer for 15 minutes and jot down what comes to mind when you think of each question.
Here are our answers:
List two questions you get asked all the time from your clients/target audience:
- How much does a website cost?
- How often should I post on social media?
List two tips for your clients/target audience:
- Remember that a website is not a one-time investment/project. Most websites require updates, maintenance, and more – and that’s just on the technical side!
- You don’t have to do all the things (videos, carousels, reels, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram). Pick one platform where your target audience is and spend time nurturing your following there. Figure out what works on one platform and expand to other platforms afterward.
List two challenges your clients/target audience struggles with:
- Finding the time to post
- Knowing what to put/not put on their website
List two common misconceptions that relate to your industry/clients/target audience:
- Websites are easy.
- Social media is easy.
Pick two content pieces you already have that you can repurpose on social. Think recent blog posts, videos, memes, newsletters, etc.
- Blog Post: Our Favorite FREE Social Media Tools
- Blog Post: Mother’s Day & Marketing
Pick two ways to engage your audience – think of either a poll, a multiple-choice, fill in the blank, or a question you want to ask. Then, write down your two “engagement” ideas.
- Fill in the blank: I wish I knew how to ____ on social media.
- Question: Managing Social Media Makes Me Feel ____ (Drop an emoji)